I’m now in day two of the rewrite. I finally have a handle on how big of a task this is going to be. I think I’m going to be working hard to get it done before the end of the year.
Here’s the task list I’ve generated (so far!):
1) outline chapters 1-91
2) add timestamps to chapters (move to 2064 presidential elections, not midterms)
3) plothole: Write Darcy into plot earlier
4) plothole: need to work Neil Aaronson ( registry service ) and Leroy Fournier (Prime Construction) into middle of book
5) write character sheets
6) do X passes through (1 per character) and work in character elements
* Kevin – big problem – make him much better!!
* Leroy Fournier, Neil Aaronson – disambiguate!!
7) plothole: actual character development with the dogs back in the lunar base after first assault fails (from Dog POV ?)
8) plothole: around chapter 80, 81 – Dogs should not be with John, they should be somewhere with telecom access, should be the ones to tell Olesgun re: wave 2
9) plothole: around chapter 80, 81 – Mike already knows John and Dogs – recall the radar signature of the Vulture / “incoming nuke?” issue
10) plothole: Leroy Fournier, Neil Aaronson – disambiguate!!
11) plothole: Hollins and his letters of marquis
12) name cleanup: leader of snatch team changes names: is “Reimers” in 06_20, but changes to “MAJOR Jason Ryan” later on.
13) name cleanup: Dewitt’s first name? We’ve got Matthew in some places, Kirk in others.o
14) rewrite beginning to have more of a hook
15) add “sense” data throughout entire book: smells, sights, sounds,
What am I forgetting?